Dual Head Capper
The New England Machinery Model NEDHC Dual Head Capping System is a complete capping system which includes the cap bulk supply, cap orienting and delivery, cap placement and tightening
The New England Machinery Model NEDHC Dual Head Capping System is a complete capping system which includes the cap bulk supply, cap orienting and delivery, cap placement and tightening, and container ingress, staging and discharge onto the customer-supplied existing conveyor.
Featured in the design of this machine are two independent capping stations, multi-position indexing rotary container starwheel, and one bulk supply orienting system. The NEDHC Dual Head Capping System provides a positive capping means to two containers per machine cycle thereby increasing throughput rates and overall line efficiencies in a compact footprint.
The operation of the NEDHC Dual Head Capping System is simple. Caps are retrieved from the bulk supply hopper, oriented by an elevator orienter, or by a sorting bowl, and transported to the Dual Head Capping stations. This single lane flow method provides simplicity in materials handling. The cap selection and application process is also straight-forward. Utilizing our patented Cap Chuck Head, caps are selected, gripped and applied to the customer's desired application torque. The Cap Chuck Head is designed to eliminate cross threading and outer cap surface damage while applying repeatable application torques.
The combination of the multi-position indexing starwheel and multi-station head is a solid machine platform to integrate and perform other sequential packaging processes, such as plugging, labeling and inspecting. Contact New England Machinery for further details.
- Anodized aluminum and 304 stainless steel welded frame
- Clean, non-painted, non-marring surfaces
- Easy changeover modular change parts
- Non-scuff collets for gentle, positive grip
- No tools quick change collets
- Torque adjustable without the use of tools
- Handwheel adjustments for bottle height change
- Clear guard with stainless steel lower frame cover
- Safety interlocks on all guard doors
- Adjustable discharge height 36"± 2"
- High floor clearance
- Smoothed and polished welds
- Operations and maintenance manual
- Direct discharge to customer's constant speed, continuous motion, non-stopping conveyor
- NEMA-4 (wash down)
- NEMA-7 (explosion proof)
- Transformer for different input voltages
- Missing cap/lid detector/container rejecter
- Change from standard discharge height 36" +/- 2"
- Left-hand discharge
- Low cap/lid level warning
- Digital container counter (bottles per minute)
- Heavy duty lockable caster wheels
- Additional emergency "E" stop(s)
- HMI (human machine interface)
- Low air safety shut off
- Spare parts kit