Detailed job description:
Please review our job description, fill out the basic form and upload your resume in an acceptable format (PDF. or Doc.)
Job Title: Project Manager/ Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Project Manager/ Engineer is the facilitator of key technology and customer initiatives, with full accountability for all aspects of project management. This individual must view projects not only from a technical perspective but also with customer, financial, operational and sales objectives in mind. The primary area of focus will be planning and executing customer related technical projects and commercial supply transitions.
- Collaborates closely with project teams or leadership to develop project business case and scope.
- Collaborates with sales manager, manufacturing, and engineering to develop and quote projects.
- Develop familiarity with New England Machinery’s packaging machinery and products.
- Develop and adapt principles to improve NEM’s project execution.
- Coordinate engineering, sales, product development, operations, supply chain and quality resources on customer related projects, trials, commissioning of new products or customer supply transitions to ensure timely activity.
- Frequently communicates status and action items of projects in a variety of forums.
- Manage project details and status through the use of internal project management and tracking tools.
- Develop comprehensive Gantt charts and project portfolios to provide a dynamic view of resource availability.
- Support and drive best practice initiatives across operations
- Act as a liaison for engineering, manufacturing, shipping and the sales department including the remote territory sales managers.
- Manage this communications activity to ensure that customer requirements and engineering and manufacturing requirements are congruent.
- Any other tasks / projects assigned by his/her manager.
- Generate system change orders
- Participate in negotiations for price, delivery and scope changes
- Define the true needs and expectations of the customer
- Host customer visits and system inspections
- Verify that system debug and runoff meet system requirements
Cost Account Responsibilities
- Complete a project review document for each completed project
- Analyze cost accounting data to determine future system improvements
- This position requires travel 10% of the time
- Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with ERP Systems would be a plus
Tool or Equipment to be Used:
- Operate a telephone, calculator, photocopy, and fax machine
- Ability to use MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint software
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; andstoop, kneel, or crouch.The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.Flexible to work evenings, weekends or holidays as required.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the day to day job will be done in a standard office, the noise level in the neighboring work environment is typical of a metal manufacturing area.
I have read and understand this job description.While this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not limit or restrict the tasks that may be assigned, nor does it limit the Company’s ability to modify or change this job description, as it deems appropriate.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.