Detailed Job Description:
Please review our job description, fill out the form and upload your resume in an acceptable format (PDF. or Doc.)
Location: Bradenton, FL
Position Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Job #: 07-S-0416
A rapidly growing, innovative and globally recognized Manufacturing Company on Central Florida’s West Coast has an immediate need for Mechanical Engineers. Looking for talented engineers to design, engineer and participate in the manufacture of high speed packaging machinery for the pharmaceutical, food/beverage, personal care and chemical industries. Apply knowledge and experience to development of new equipment and standardization of existing machines. Provide hands on assistance in trouble shooting manufacturing problems as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Applying mechanical engineering knowledge to the design and development of products as well as product changes and enhancements.
- Solve mechanical engineering problems from component through system level.
- Conduct functional testing.
- Generate written protocols and reports. Provide ongoing Standardization of Equipment and Engineering Practices.
- Complete projects in a manner consistent with corporate objectives.
- Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, drawings, and processes. Create Bill of Materials for Equipment.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive technologies in addition to technical developments related to company products.
- Limited travel to customer sites for various activities including installation support and resolving post-installation technical issues.
- Provide engineering and technical support of products.
- Work with outside vendors as required.
- Provide engineering support for pre-sales solutions.
- Work with other engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing, service, and purchasing associates to find “best for company” solutions.
- Supports company goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, plus a minimum of 1-6 years of experience for Junior Engineers and 7-10 years related experience for Senior Engineers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Design mechanical parts/assemblies using SolidWorks.
- Must be able to produce and modify operating manuals for machinery.
- Must be capable of making independent technical contributions from multiple engineering disciplines.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must be highly motivated and result oriented.
- Must be positive, cooperative and ethical.
- We are a privately owned company recognizing our employees as our greatest resource. The company has thousands of machines world-wide and we continue to add more each year. We are a dedicated team, committed to quality and customer satisfaction. Our goal is to grow our business to the benefit of our customers and our employees. We offer an attractive compensation/benefit package.
- Competitive Salary-Commensurate with Experience!