Detailed Job Description:
Please review our job description, fill out the form and upload your resume in an acceptable format (PDF. or Doc.)
Location: Bradenton, FL
Position Title: Electrical Controls Engineer
Job #: 07-S-0718
A rapidly growing, innovative and globally recognized Manufacturing Company on Central Florida’s West Coast has an immediate need for an Electrical Controls Engineer. Looking for a talented controls engineer to design, engineer and participate in the manufacture of high speed packaging machinery for the packaging industry. Apply knowledge and experience to development of new equipment and standardization of existing machines. Program and provide hands on assistance in trouble shooting equipment as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Work internally with project managers and externally with customers to design custom machinery.
- Develop electrical hardware design and functionality of control systems.
- Develop and design the controls software packages including: Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human/Machine Interfaces (HMI), and/or Personal Computer based systems (PC).
- Must be fluent in Allen Bradley RSLogix500, Studio5000, Factory Talk View, and Siemens S7 programming software.
- Ability to create electrical schematics and layout drawings using AutoCAD.
- Specify bill of materials for internal purchasing department.
- Work closely with manufacturing during control panel assembly.
- Must be capable of wiring machinery when resources are over capacity.
- Perform all aspects of start-up and commissioning of the control system.
- Debug completely the developed and installed software packages.
- Ensure all changes and modifications are appropriately documented and noted correctly.
- Provide customer training.
- Create and assemble final documentation including machine manuals.
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment.
- Good mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer interface skills.
- Must be positive, cooperative and ethical.
- Willingness to work overtime - if project requires.
- Willingness to travel - 10% should be expected.
- And any other task assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, plus a minimum of 3-5 years of experience or 5-10 years related experience if no degree has been earned. Must possess a firm understanding of entire electrical scope of machinery. Knowledge of NEC codes, UL & NFPA-79 as well as OSHA regulations. Experience with pneumatic layout drawings and controls is desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, lift, push, kneel and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or push/pull/transfer up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally push/pull/transfer up to 100 pounds.
We are a privately owned company recognizing our employees as our greatest resource. The company has thousands of machines world-wide and we continue to add more each year. We are a dedicated team, committed to quality and customer satisfaction. Our goal is to grow our business to the benefit of our customers and our employees. We offer an attractive compensation/benefit package.
- Competitive Salary-Commensurate with Experience!