Detailed Job Description:
Please review our job description, fill out the form and upload your resume in an acceptable format (PDF. or Doc.)
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Job #: 05-H-0618
Responsibilities will include analyzing blue prints, determine material requirements, compute dimensions and layouts, weld in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions, inspect weld for tolerances, clean weld joint, verify conformance to weld specs, and set up and operate machine tools.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Be proficient in TIG welding of stainless of sheet and stainless steel tube.
- Obtain parts and materials.
- Use disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding.
- Operates drill presses, power saws, grinders, positioners and a variety of welding equipment and hand tools. May also perform minor operations on metal lathes and milling machines.
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Grind or clean weld joint of work piece.
- Repair improperly welded pieces and fill holes.
- Position and clamp work pieces together or assemble them in a jig fixture.
- Tack assemblies together.
- Assemble component parts using hand and small power tools.
- Polish finished products to pharmaceutical finish.
- And any other tasks assigned by his/her manager.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5-10 years’ experience in TIG welding.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable codes.
- Knowledge of welding techniques, tools and equipment.
- Skill in the fabrication, joining and repair of a variety of metal objects, equipment, fixtures and structures.
- Skill in manufacturing and dismantling as well as repair work.
- Ability to read and understand general blue prints.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, lift, push, kneel and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or push/pull/transfer up to 40 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally push/pull/transfer up to 100 pounds.
Exercises some decision-making authority, later verified by the Department Supervisor and advises the Department Supervisor, or designee, of transactions and/or special concerns on a daily basis. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will ever be required of an employee in the job.